How To: Activate Hidden Windows 7 Administrator Account
Similar to former operating system Windows Vista, Microsoft’s new OS Windows 7 also has a built-in administrator account which is created when it is installed and it is disabled by default.Whenever you want to perform tasks under the administrator account with no UAC (user account control) in Windows 7, you need to enable the administrator account.You can go through this grand Administrator account to solve a problem or blocking rights, or simply activate it and keep it in reserve in case. You can enable the hidden administrator account in Windows 7 by any of the following three methods:
Method 1:Using Command Prompt
Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 by right click on the command prompt and select “Run as Administrator”.After that you only need to enter the simple command below to activate it.
net user administrator /active:yes
You can also specify your password for this particular account by using the following command
net user administrator password
where you can replace “password” with your own password. You can see the account immediately after you logoff your Windows 7. In order to deactivate it, you can use the command below
net user administrator /active:no
This will effectively turn off the administrator account in Windows 7.
Method 2:Using Local Security Policy
Another way of activating the administrator account in Windows 7 is via Local Security Policy.
- Type secpol.msc in the search bar and hit enter.
- After the Local Security Policy pops up, navigate to Local Policies-> Security Options
- You can see an entry that reads Accounts: Administrator account.
- Double click the entry to enable it.
Method 3:Using Computer Management Policy
Another way of activating the administrator account in Windows 7 is via Computer Management Policy.
- Type compmgmt.msc in the search bar and hit enter.
- After the Computer Management window pops up, navigate to Local Users and Groups -> Users.
- In right-side pane double-click on “Administrator” account. It’ll open its Properties.
- Deselect “Account is disabled” option and Apply it.