How To: Add Hide File And Unhide File Options To Windows Vista File Context Menu
All of you know,how to hide and unhide your important documents and files in Windows Vista.The important documents and files are hide in Windows Vista for data security .This hide and unhide task becomes a lengthy in Windows Vista,because every time open file Properties and enable “Hidden” option from properties window.By a registry tweak,you can add “Hide File” and “Unhide File” options in every file context menu in Windows Vista:
To enable “Hide File” and “Unhide File” option in file context menu:
- Open the Notepad editor from Windows Vista start menu and copy the code given below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
@=”attrib +S +H %1″
@=”attrib -S -H %1″
- Save the above code in notepad as ‘Hide AndUnhideFile.reg‘ to the computer.
- Browse the saved file and then right click to the file and from the opening context menu select merge.
- Continue through the UAC(User Account Control) prompt and confirm that you wish to perform the action.
- After merging the entries to the Windows Vista registry, reboot your system.
- Open the explorer and check for the newly added Hide File and Unhide File context menu item for files and folders.
Note: This windows registry trick works also with the former operating system Windows XP.
Warning: Modifying the Windows registry can cause serious damage to your Windows Operating System.It is better to backup your Windows registry data before making any changes. Tomstricks.com is not responsible for any changes you may make to your system.