How To: Burn ISO Or IMG Disc Images In Windows 7
Got an ISO or IMG disc images to burn to a CD or DVD disc? Microsoft’s new generation operating system Windows 7 has now got a built-in Disc Image Burning Tool. Now we can easily burn ISO or IMG disc image files using this tool. Though it doesn’t support formats like BIN, NRG and lots of others but at least the widely used is now supported.The best thing about the built-in Burn Disc Image Writing Tool is that it’s simply very easy to use as it’s tightly integrated with Explorer shell.
This will show you how to use the built-in Windows Disc Image Burning Tool to burn a CD or DVD disc image from a ISO or IMG file in Windows 7.
- Place a blank unformatted CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.
- Right click on the ISO or IMG file you want to use to burn a disc.
- Click Burn disc image.
- Next to Disc burner, click on the drop down arrow and select the CD/DVD drive with the blank disc you want to burn to.
- Check the Verify disc after burning option if you want Windows to verify the disc image after burning the disc. Leave this option unchecked if you want to skip the verification. Note that you should skip verification if you are in a hurry, as this process requires additional time.
- When it finishes burning the disc image to disc, click the Close button.