How To: Disable Message Sent Notification On Windows Mobile 6 Device
Does that little bubble notification that says text message was successfully sent annoy you? For those who hates the “Message Sent” notification after sending an SMS in a Windows Mobile device, this is the steps to remove the Message Sent bubble notification.
Method 1:By Editing Windows Mobile Registry
This registry tweak should work on pretty much any Windows Mobile Standard / Smartphone (non-touch screen) device.
- First, you will need to download a Registry Editor for Windows Mobile.
- Using the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
- Click on Inbox and select Edit -> New Key
- Name the New Key as “Settings“
- Click on “Settings” and select Edit -> New String Value
- On “Value name:“, enter SMSNoSentMsg and in “Value data“, enter 1
- Soft reset your Windows Mobile device and test it with one SMS, and you will notice that the SMS Sent bubble is being disabled
To turn off “Message Sent” notification after sending an SMS in a Windows Mobile device, do the following:
Phone-enabled touch screen devices(This option may not be available on all models)
- Open Messaging and open a new text message.
- Select Menu >Message Options.
- Uncheck the box labeled “Request message delivery notifications.”
Non-touch screen smartphones
- Select Messaging >Text Messages.
- Select Menu >Options (WM 6: Menu >Tools >Options).
- Select Account Options (or Account Settings), and then Text Messages (if necessary).
- Uncheck the box labeled “Request delivery notifications.”