How To: Disable Or Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Feature In Windows 7
Taskbar Thumbnail Preview is an interesting feature in Windows 7, displays small thumbnail preview of opened window on your taskbar when you hover your mouse on taskbar icons. Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnail Preview feature actually a resource hog. So it is better to disable this feature on low configuration computers running on Windows 7. For this you can adopt any of the following three methods:
Method 1: Throgh Group Policy Editor:
- Click on start and type on search bar gpedit.msc and press enter
- In the opened Group Policy Editor window, navigate to
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar
- Locate “Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails” in right pan of Group policy editor and double click on it.
- Select Disable click apply and Press ok
- Now check your Taskbar, it shouldn’t show Thumbnails Preview .
Method 2: Through Desktop Button Bar:
- Right click on the button bar on the far right end of the Windows Taskbar.
- To turn off Desktop Preview, unselect Preview desktop on the context menu so that the tick is removed.
Method 3: Through Taskbar and Start Menu Properties:
- Right click on the Windows 7 Start button and click on Properties, or right click on any empty space on the Taskbar and click on Properties.
- Go to the Taskbar tab.
- To Turn Off Desktop Preview, uncheck the Use Desktop Preview check box.
- Click on OK.
- Taskbar Thumbnail Preview only works when you have Enabled Aero in Windwos 7.