How To: Disable Windows Defender Service In Windows 7
Windows Defender which was previously known as Microsoft AntiSpyware is an anti-spyware/malware utility that built-in in Microsofts new generation operating system Windows 7 to detect, prevent, remove and quarantine spywares.Many people are looking for ways to disable, uninstall or remove Windows Defender from system so that they could install any other anti-spyware programs in Windows 7.
Steps required to disable Windows Defender in Windows 7:
- Go to the Windows 7 Start menu, type defender in the search field and click on Windows Defender in the left column of the menu
- Click the Tools button in the toolbar of Windows Defender
- Click on Options
- Select from the Administrator at the left of the window
- Remove the check mark that is next to Use this program
- Click the Save button
- If enabled the UAC(User Account Control) in Windows 7, answer in the affirmative (“Yes”) to the message that appears.
- Go to Windows 7 Start > Run and type services.msc
- Now look for the service named Windows Defender, double click to bring up the properties window.
- Click “Stop” button to stop Windows Defender services and set the Startup type “Disabled”
- Again go to Windows 7 Start > Run and type msconfig
- Go to Startup tab and uncheck Windows Defender displayed at Startup Item.
Warning: If you only stop and disable Windows Defender from Services and did not disable Windows Defender at MSCONFIG in Windows 7, you’ll get the following error message “Application failed to initialized: 0×800106ba. A problem caused this program’s service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually.”
To Disable Windows Defender Automatic Scanning in Windows 7:
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows 7 Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options.
- Uncheck Automatically scan my computer and then click Save.