How To: Hide/Remove Alert Center Icon in Windows 7 Taskbar Notification Area
Action Center,a unique feature introduced in Microsoft’s new generation operating system Windows 7, is an effort by Microsoft to reduce the number of notification balloons to make user-interface less clutter, and make any messages that are sent more meaningful beside providing a contextual and streamline way to address the issues with a single click.Action Center is a central location for dealing with messages about your Windows 7 operated system and the starting point for diagnosing and solving issues with your system. You can think of Windows 7 Action Center as a message queue displaying the items that need your attention that you can manage on your schedule.
Hide Alert Center Icon in Windows 7 Taskbar Notification Area.
- Right click on Windows 7 Superbar, and select Properties, then click on Customize button under “Notification area” section of “Taskbar” tab.
- Alternatively, click on arrow next to Notification Area, and click on Customize button.
- “Notification Area Icons” folder will be opened. Search for Action Center, and then select Hide icon and notifications as its behaviors.
- Tip: “Hide icon and notifications” will hide icon and notifications are not displayed. It’s also possible to choose Only show notifications so that the icon is hidden, but if the program triggers a notification balloon, it is displayed on the taskbar.
- Ensure that Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box is unchecked.
- Click OK.
Disable and Remove Alert Center System Icon in Windows 7
- Click on Windows 7 Start menu, and then go to Control Panel.
- Click on All Control Panel Items link.
- Open System Icons.
- In the “Behaviors” drop down list of Alert Center, select Off.
- Click on OK.
Note:This setting will remove Alert Center icon from Windows 7 Taskbar Notification Area completely, and cannot even be viewed when click on View Hidden Icons arrow. No notification bubbles or balloons will be displayed too.