How To: Install Windows XP In Unattended Mode
Formatting your system and reinstalling Microsoft Windows XP operating system is a pretty boring and long work. Now how to make it working. You can format your Hard Drive in a matter of minutes but Installation of Windows XP is long and boring, Especially when you have to sit in front of computer as setup is running and a window comes up, asking for the information.Well to overcome this a method called Unattended Installation was provided by Microsoft as in case to get rid of it.You can install Windows XP unattended so you won’t have to sit through the installation process if you are upgrading from another operating system.
Now, How to do this Unattended Installation?
Here is the solution, Lets see it How.
- Insert your Windows XP CD-Rom into CD Drive
- Double-click on the My computer icon
- Double-click on the CD-Rom Drive icon
- Got to the “Support\Tools” sub-folder
- Double-click on the “DEPLOY.CAB” file
- Highlight “DEPLOY.CHM”, “REF.CHM”, SETUPMGR.EXE“, and “README.TXT“
- Select your target path
- Click “OK” to extract the files
- Go to the folder where you extracted the files
- Double-click on the CHM files one at a time to read detailed guidelines on how to install Windows XP in automated unattended mode
- Run “SETUP.MGR“, which will guide you through the process of creating an “UNATTEND.TXT” file