How To: Use ClearType Text Tuner In Windows 7
ClearType is a software technology developed by Microsoft that improves the readability of the text on existing LCDs,Flat panel monitors and other display devices.ClearType font technology makes the text on your computer screen sharp and clear.To get the full benefit of ClearType font technology, you’ll need a high-quality, flat-panel monitor, such as LCD or plasma.
ClearType is turned on by default in Microsofts new operating system, Windows 7. Windows 7 also includes a ClearType Text Tuner, which helps you to make the text on your screen sharp and clear. Also a new entry with the name ClearType Text Tuner is available in the Windows 7 Control Panel. Previous Microsofts Windows operating systems including Windows Vista and Windows XP, provided users with an on and off switch for ClearType but no configuration options beyond that.
How to use ClearType Text Tuner in Windows 7:
- Open Windows 7 Start menu and click on Control Panel button.
- In the Control Panel, double click on ClearType Text Tuner icon.
- In the ClearType Text Tuner, check the option Turn on ClearType and click Next button.
- Here you have to choose the text that is best readable by you in four steps. Choose the text that is best readable by you in each of the four steps and click Next button.
- Finally you will be notified that You have finished tuning the text on your monitor. Click Finish button here.
- You will then be asked to confirm your action through a confirmation dialogue box. Click Yes button.