Some Basic Windows Mobile Tips
Here are some basic tips for Windows Mobile:
- Select Start> Settings> Personal tab>. Select ‘Today’, and then select the Items tab. Uncheck the items that you do not want to view on the today screen.
- Go to Calendar> Settings. In display options, check ‘display all day events’ to enable display of all the appointments of the current day.
- Go to Start> Settings> System and select the screen icon. Here select the text size tab and move the slider to the left to decrease the font size. This will enable you to view more stuff on your home screen.
- If your Windows device has a QWERTY keyboard, some of the keys will have secondary symbols which can be activated by pressing ‘Shift’ and then the respective key. However, if the desired symbol does not appear with just the shift key, press the ‘Fn’ key instead.
- To access the run command box similar to Windows XP, press the center button and simultaneously tap and hold the time display at the top right of the screen. When you release the stylus, a menu will pop up with ‘Run’ option.
- Don’t confuse that box at the top right of the contacts screen as a customized by holding ‘ALT’ and then ‘Find’ option … it’s not, it is a ‘Filter’ and it’s amazingly fast even if you have over a thousand contacts in your list. It’s limited to just the first and last name of your contact but it will pull up a company if an entry with that does not have anything in the name fields.
- If you want to remove multiple contacts from your phone, you have to select and delete the contacts individually as multi selection does not work. Instead, sync your contacts with Outlook on your computer, then delete the entries in outlook and resync your PDA. Your contact list will be updated.
- Go to Start> Settings> System> Screen> Cleartype and select the box that says enable clear type. Click ‘Ok’ and then restart your PDA to enable cleartype for smooth fonts.
- To stop all running programs, go to Start> Settings> System, scroll down to memory and then go to running programs and then select ‘Stop All.’
- Do not use the ‘Update Library’ function in Windows Media Player on your Windows Mobile Device. This will add all sorts of audio files and sound effects to your media library from both your main device and storage card.